There has been a lot of attention given to air pollution in the past few decades. As a result, we probably know more about the dangers we’re exposed to outside our front doors than we do about the pollutants filling up our homes. While car exhaust, cigarette smoke, and smog can all cause serious problems, there is a group of other pollutants that can cause serious problems. At DUCTZ, we work hard every day to clear these little-known pollutants from Broward’s homes and businesses by cleaning ducts and performing air quality tests.
If you’ve never had an air quality test done in your home, you aren’t alone. Air quality testing isn’t on many people’s home maintenance lists. However, it should be. It is important to understand what you’re breathing while you’re in your home! Otherwise, how can you know that your home is the refuge you need it to be?
Why Air Quality Testing Isn’t Optional
When you get your home’s air quality tested, you learn just what is going on in the air you breathe while you sleep, eat, and spend time with your family. Here are a few of the reasons why you should definitely contact us for air testing in Broward:
To find contaminants and pollutants.
- There are several different contaminants that turn the air you breathe against you. In our humid Florida environment, mold and mildew can show up at any time, and once they get airborne, they can really impact your health. Radon gas can also be common in homes and is one of the biggest causes of cancer in people who don’t smoke. When we test your air quality, we can also identify asbestos and empower you to avoid the serious health problems that come with it.
To detect carbon monoxide gas.
- Between 2010 and 2015, over 2,200 people died from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning. Because it is both colorless and odorless, it can be inhaled from damaged water heaters, blocked fireplace vents, or bad gas lines without anyone knowing it. Carbon monoxide prevents the body’s organs from getting the oxygen they need, which leads to dizziness, headaches, nausea, and even death. While you can buy carbon monoxide detectors from the home improvement store, you should still have your home tested professionally.
To get rid of allergy triggers.
- Allergies are some of the most troubling health issues to have. You can’t cure them, and they can end up shrinking your life down to a fraction of what it once was. In worst cases, the allergies can kill you. Asthma is an allergy that is particularly enhanced by dirty air. If you struggle with asthma symptoms at home, you should absolutely get your air quality tested. The misery you’re experiencing may be preventable!
To lower your energy costs.
- HVAC systems will keep trying despite serious blockages and damages. As a result, people don’t know something is going on. When the DUCTZ team conducts air quality tests, we often find clogged air vents or damages dragging HVAC systems down. Once owners know which problems are plaguing their HVAC systems, the owners can get them cleaned and repaired.
To defend against Sick Building Syndrome (SBS).
- Once contaminants get airborne, they can cause significant, perpetual illness in a home or business. This is called Sick Building Syndrome, and it shows up when air filtration systems aren’t maintained properly. People generally don’t realize it is happening because SBS looks like a bad cold or allergies. Symptoms include the following:
- Flu symptoms
- Rough voice
- Dry cough
- Trouble concentrating
- Asthma attacks
Contact DUCTZ for Air Quality Testing
Figuring out just what you’re breathing every day is well worth it. The DUCTZ team is here to provide world-class air quality testing, so contact us today!