When cooler temperatures arrive, we close our windows and turn on the heat. The flow of fresh air we enjoyed during warmer seasons goes away. Do you ever wonder what happens to your indoor air when you close everything up? Sure, your HVAC system keeps the air moving, but many common household objects give off chemicals and particles that you don’t want to be breathing all the time. You bring foreign contaminants and germs into your home every day. How do you avoid living in a nasty soup of dirt, chemicals, mold, and bacteria and stay warm at the same time?
Air quality is foundational to our wellness, and ensuring that you can breathe deeply is worth the time and energy. We work with many people in Palm Beach who seek to keep their homes and businesses healthy with clean air. In today’s blog, we want to give you some helpful tips for improving your indoor air quality and reinforcing your health. Read on to learn more!
How to Keep Your Indoor Air Clean During Winter
We spend a lot of our time indoors during the winter, and if we want to stay healthy, we need to cultivate healthy air. The good news is, this is completely possible!
Handle dry cleaning correctly.
- Clothing items fresh from the dry cleaner’s give off nasty chemicals that you don’t want saturating your home. If you can, arrange a place for them to hang outside your home. They don’t have to air out for a long time, but just an hour or two hanging in the garage or on the porch can make a big difference. We understand that leaving newly-cleaned clothing outside may seem counterintuitive, but the benefits of keeping dry cleaning chemicals out of your home are well worth the inconvenience.
Consider air purifiers.
- Air purifiers come in all different shapes and sizes. They can be small enough to be stuck in an outlet or large enough to be incorporated into your HVAC system. They work to remove allergens, odors, and other harmful particles. You will appreciate the benefits of an air purifier even more if you struggle with asthma or allergies.
Invest in aromatherapy.
- Essential oil diffusion has become very popular lately, and it’s a good thing! Many essential oils have the ability to clean bacteria and viruses from the air. Even better, they make the air smell great and may have a positive impact on your mood. You can access quality diffusers at affordable prices and install them in any room for a fresher, healthier atmosphere.
Add living plants to your home.
- We recently discussed the air quality-enhancing benefits of living plants. Check out our blog for plants that are tough and able to get the job done!
Keep up with cleaning.
- Regular dusting and vacuuming will lower the number of airborne pollutants in your home or business. For the healthiest results, use non-toxic cleaning products.
Change your HVAC filters.
- The filters on your HVAC system capture many air pollutants. Keeping them updated will allow them to do a good job all winter. Many people get their filters cleaned in the fall and spring, but the team at DUCTZ can get the job done quickly at any point in the year.
Invest In Air Duct Cleaning With DUCTZ
You can take every step above, but if your air ducts have years of accumulated dust, pollen, dander, and mold, you won’t get very far. Your HVAC system will simply blow a bunch of contaminants back into the air every time it turns on. Air duct cleaning is foundational to your air quality, so contact Palm Beach’s experts today!